For more on Trust governance including the Board of Directors visit www.satrust.com.
Directors are supported by local governing bodies, with ‘members’ responsible for defined areas including understanding the progress and attainment of pupils in school, driving improvement and the relationship with the local community.
At Portland Spencer, we operate an ‘executive governance’ model, in which the local governing body works across Portland Spencer and Glenbrook Spencer Academy nearby. The schools also share an Executive Principal, Mrs Green.
The powers defining the legal relationship between Portland Spencer Academy and The Spencer Academies Trust, together with the delegation of general powers within the trust, are set out in a document called the Scheme of Delegation.
- The Scheme of Delegation used at Portland Spencer Academy can be found here.
- Other Trust governance documents are available here.
Local Governing Body
- Kate Green – Executive Principal
- Joe Handy – Principal of Portland Spencer Academy
- Tom Stockwell – Principal of Glenbrook Spencer Academy
- Victoria Cairns – Staff Governor (GSA)
- Paul Archer – Co-opted Governor, Chair
- Bradley Evans – Staff Governor
- Kate Abbott – Community Governor, Vice Chair
- James Wright – Community Governor
- Orla O’Connor – Community Governor
- Adam Pepper – Community Governor
- Claire Sugrue – Parent Governor
- Natalie Walker – Parent Governor
- Ommar Chit Pan – Parent Governor