At Portland Spencer Academy we work for the success of every child. We use our ASPIRE ethos and connected curriculum, differentiated to meet individual needs and abilities.
Effective management systems and procedures are in place for SEND, taking into account the SEND Code of Practice. Open communication is managed between the Inclusion Team, teaching staff and home. Children take an active role in their learning, including goal-setting and understanding progress, and the school follows the assess, plan, do, review cycle in their support.
Understand pupil needs using half termly data analysis, early identification, weekly RAG meetings, dyslexia and dyscalculia testing.
Agree ‘Steps to Success’ to meet targets, working towards yearly outcomes.
Delivery of interventions, work and activities to meet Steps to Success.
Weekly monitoring, intervention meetings, RAG meetings, pupil and parent meetings, outside agency observations.
- For the current SEND Information Report click here.
- For our SEND policies, please see our policies page here.
- For the Nottingham City Local Offer, please click here.
- For our SEND Guide for Parents, please click here.
- For our SEND Walk Through please click here
SENDCo – Natasha Birch
- Sarah Pidduck – EYFS
- Elise Evans – Year 1/2/3
- Monica Reis – Year 4/5/6